Cavisson NetStorm is a feature rich enterprise-ready, next generation Performance Testing and Capacity Analysis solution, the capabilities of which, by no means are restricted to the features mentioned below:
- Massive, internet scale load generation: NetStorm makes testing with millions of active users not only possible, but easy to manage. Ability to run high volume tests in a controlled lab environment allows multiple executions while “tweaking” appropriate variables being analyzed, with the assurance that other variables will not change. Without such a solution, the only alternative is to use a microcosm of users, which is likely to produce distorted results. NetStorm appliance’s advance technology can simulate millions of concurrent users.
- Internet-TrueTM WAN simulation: NetStorm’s base operating system is designed from the ground up to provide true simulation of WAN behavior, as experienced by actual web and mobile application users. With a networking stack built for this purpose, NetStorm can simulate packet delay, packet loss, packet re-ordering, and packet duplication. NetStorm’s state of art network simulation make it possible to mimic the mobile users with 3G/4G network speed or web users located in San Francisco using a web application hosted in Chicago.
- Internet-TrueTM load modeling: Number of concurrent users “spike” dramatically, when responsiveness of the enterprise application or network degrades, as each user contributes more processing time on the application. This results in an avalanche of sessions and transaction loads. To enable modeling such scenarios, NetStorm design of test scenarios are based on user arrival rate and number of concurrent users.
- Web user behavior simulation: Built-in mechanism to allow modeling of page reloads and click-away by users.
- Client Side Testing: NetStorm provides comprehensive client side testing to help improve the user experience. It offers following reports:
- Performance (DOM load, on-load, page load, rendering time)
- Caching metrics (browser cache, network cache)
- Offenders by DNS time, Load time
- Page score
- Waterfall and comparison
- Clips and recording of page-wise user interaction
- Powerful monitoring and diagnostics: NetStorm allows deep insight into the behavior of the application as the tests are executing. It’s powerful diagnostics for performance testing includes but is not limited to following:
- Correlation: With a single click, analyze two or more members or measurements in the groups showing the tendency to vary together, contributing to the issue. The root cause can be determined by correlating spike with other metrics.
- Alerts: NetStorm allows setting up of early warning mechanism in form of behavioral or capacitive alerts to find out metrics deviating from its baseline.
- Runtime comparisons with baseline: NetStorm offers ability to validate new releases or fixes by performing comparisons with baseline.
- Production Scenario Recreation: NetStorm has ability to recreate production scenario, using access log replay, to: Mimic the real-life production traffic to test applications with a more practical approach, or Recreate production issues for validation of fix.
- Performance Testing Script Converter: Effortless migration of test scripts to ensure the optimized performance and capacity analysis of application. Convert your existing test scripts using few clicks to get started with NetStorm performance testing keeping all pre-defined functions from your existing script intact.
- Integrated Testing: Now run a single test for all Desktop/Mobile/Google Lighthouse/JS Profiling etc to minimize the time spent on designing tests for different channels / technologies. Instead of creating separate scripts now record a single script with both RBU and Lighthouse.
- Web Vital Metrics in RBU: Extended metrics in the RBU metrics graph tree to cover the all important web-vital metrics:
Total Blocking time(Sec)
Largest Contentful Paint (Sec)
Cumulative Layout Shift
- Analyze the Performance Characteristics: Inspect and optimize the performance of your scripts using the Mark & Measure capability by improving the parts of the script that are consuming time.
- Reporting and Dashboard: NetStorm comes with a powerful dashboard to visually illustrate performance test metrics. NetStorm has specific dashboards providing both technical (engineering) view as well as business (executive) view. Besides this, it has comprehensive report templates providing:
- Trend analysis
- Comparison of releases
- Runtime percentile distribution
- Goal based scenario design: With NetStorm, test scenarios can be designed using causal criteria (e.g. number of concurrent users) or symptomatically (e.g. load the system until 95 percentile of response times are less than 300 ms) or the server CPU is less than 80% busy.
- Built-in internet topographies: Enable real world modeling of test scenarios based on actual geographical distribution of users. For instance, a test scenario can be modeled to run with 20% users in EMEA, 35% eastern US, 20% western US, 15% Asia and the data center in Boston, MA. NetStorm introduces appropriate WAN degradation characteristics (see WAN simulation) based on built-in empirical mapping, which can be easily customized.
- Advanced tools-For recording application flows, management of test suits, comparing test runs and reporting.
- Real browser simulation (not just User-agent string)
- Support for parameterization, co-relation and content verification
To get started with Monitoring & Support Services, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org