Analyzing response of a transaction with unexpected massive user load on the server at the same time
We need to test how a particular transaction of an application behaves with load. Does Cavisson provide any solution to analyze this?
Cavisson NetStorm has a key feature named as ‘Sync Point’ to test contention issues in the application causing response time spikes when many hits are made to the application at the same time.
For example, to test a bank server, the user could create a scenario that contains two Sync points as ‘Deposit’ and ‘Withdraw’. The first Sync point ensures that 1000 Vusers simultaneously deposit cash. The second Sync point ensures that another 1000 Vusers simultaneously withdraw cash. To measure how the server performs when only 500 Vusers deposit cash, the user can deactivate the withdraw Sync point, and instruct 500 Vusers to participate in the deposit Sync point only.
- Release Target Vusers Arrive at the Sync Point: When target Vusers arrive at the Sync point, then they are released.
- Overall Timeout: Maximum time allowed for each Sync point to reach the target after first Vuser has entered the system. If the Sync point is not released within the timeout period, then all the Vusers are released from the Sync point.
- Inter User Arrival Timeout: Maximum time allowed between two Vusers arriving at a Sync point.
- Manual Release: Immediate release for any Sync point at any state.
- Offline Mode (Using Scenario): The user can configure Sync points before start of a test from Scenario UI. Sync points can be applied either while creating a new scenario or on an existing scenario. These Sync points are also displayed in the online mode. The user can make changes in Sync points at run time, but those are not reflected in offline mode.
- Online Mode: The user can add the Sync points at run time (i.e. while a test is running) and make the changes there only. Here, the user can add / delete a Sync point and can update its properties.