14th May, 2020 – Release Notes 126.96.36.199
New and Enhanced Features
- Enhancement in Page Availability to Handle Page Failures Cases: Page Availability matrix will be zero in case of page fails, such as 4XX, 5XX, CVFail, ConFail.
- Script Management Installer:The user can now download a Script Manager installer on clicking the Download Script Manager option.
- Time Frame Enhancement in Jenkins UI: Now four options are displayed in NS-ND plugin for selecting time period i.e. ‘Whole Scenario’, ‘Absolute Time’, ‘Elapsed Time’, and ‘Phase’. Earlier, the time period setup on the post-build action in Jenkins UI was in ‘Absolute Time’ period.
- Overall Fail Criteria’ Field in CI/CD Report: The ‘Overall Fail Criteria’ column is displayed now in CI/CD new report format where the user can see the criteria for overall failure of test. For example: The overall test is marked failed if 10% or more transactions are critical.
- Sending TestSuite Report from NetStorm: A new tab is provided in Test Case configuration named Mail Configuration for configuring email. The user can select the ‘Send Report as Attachment’ and provide To, Cc, and Bcc fields. On report generation, an email is sent to the mentioned users in To, Cc, and Bcc fields.
- Allowing ‘Decimal’ and ‘Zero’ in Threshold Values: Now, zero and decimal values are allowed for critical threshold value, warning threshold value, and overall fail criteria. Decimal is limited to two places only. Earlier, when the user tried to enter zero or decimal, an error message was getting displayed.
- Pattern Option in Check Profile: An option is provided for pattern in check profile UI. The user can now provide pattern for selecting multiple indices at a time.
- Error Message if No Test Run Available: If there is no test run on machine, an error message (“Execute at least one Test Run to make a Test Suite”) is displayed while opening check profile.
- Indices for ND in Check Profile: Earlier, we were getting the indices list from the group name present in system gdf due to which indices related to ND were not getting displayed. Now, the group names are displayed based on the selected test run. So, the user must know in which test run the ND indices are present. The user can select that test run, and the list of group names corresponding to that test run is displayed.
- Support for Redhat: NetOcean features are now supported in Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) environment. RHEL is a Linux-based operating system from Red Hat designed for businesses. RHEL can work on desktops, on servers, in hypervisors or in the cloud.
- Support for Audit Log: Audit log is now supported to track the user activities at different levels:
- At Service Level: Add, Delete, Copy, Enable, Disable services
- At Template Level: Add, Delete, Update templates
- At Parameter Level: Add parameter
- Supported Entry Points for Dynamo DB: Following Entry points are supported:
- Support for log4net Framework in .NET Agent for ND-NF Integration: log4Net is supported with below entry point: log4net.dll|log4net.Repository.Hierarchy.Logger.Log|ASYNC_CALL|1|
- Default Chart Type as ‘Line’ on Selecting ‘Percentile’ Graph Type: When a user selects the ‘Percentile’ graph type, the default chart type is displayed as ‘Line’.
- Support for Alert Based Thread/Heap Dump in Analyzer: Prior to this enhancement, we were only able to take Thread/Heap Dump using Alert Action but we were not able to analyze it in UI. Now we are able to analyze the Thread/Heap Dump from Analyzer.
- Logging Info Alert to Alert History through Custom Alert: While generating Alert using Rest API having Severity value as 6, then Info Alert is generated which can be seen in Alert History.
- Command Based Generic Monitor in Machine Agent: In the Cavisson machine agent, a command based Generic Monitor is created. Some key highlights are as follows:
- The user can create monitor to execute any command/shell
- It is supported for all OS types, such as Linux, Solr, Windows, and so on
- Output type is String and key value format
- Machine Agent can execute command on remote server (agent less)
- Monitor works in Inbound/outbound mode
- Changes in Log Pattern Monitor UI: Following changes are done in Log Pattern Monitor UI:
- Increased the size of ‘File’ Text box
- Removed the ‘Run’ option.
- Changed ‘Display Monitor Group Name’ to ‘Metric Group Name’
- Moved Metric Name to Advanced Settings
- Changed header of ‘Graph Definition File Details’ to ‘Patterns’
- Changes in ‘Configured Monitor’ Table. Now, columns are – Server, Metric Group Name, File/Command/JournalD, Instance Name, and Action
- Support for Agentless Monitoring: NetStorm has provided support for Agentless monitoring. Earlier, we had to deploy a machine agent on the server to run any command based monitor. Now, without deploying machine agent on the server side, we can fetch data using SSH by providing remote server username and password or pass-phrase. In this, we will configure all monitors (Generic Command Based Monitors) on local agent to fetch data from remote servers. Now agentless monitoring support is for Generic Command Monitors.
|73883||Installer||Common MSI | When uninstall the Common MSI then Environment variables of ND agent are not removing|
|83537||Installer||Unable to install RHEL CavBin on CentOS|
|77606||NetDiagnostics||Scheduler reports showing blank|
|83121||NetDiagnostics||Flowpath IP Summary is showing future dates in Start Time column due to getting wrong timestamp in 2 record for FP.|
|75167||NetStorm||Netstorm core is being generated in receive data from ndc at ns_ndc_outbound.c.|
|49218||NetStorm||Saving a separate alert related log file|
|84761||NetStorm||Some features – Alert history in NS mode & Alert Overlay functionality are not working for a demo|
|84828||NetStorm||Auto restart of tomcat when it dies|