- Pattern Matching (correlation) is the degree to which two or more attributes or measurements on the same group of elements show a tendency to vary together.
- This feature is used to identify all those graphs that contains a similar pattern. User can correlate two or more graphs from Dashboard.
Pattern Matching in Alerts
The user can enable pattern matching in alert by implementing below configuration settings in alert action:
- Click the “Advanced E-Mail Settings” icon for more settings.
- Turn on the “Show charts in E-Mail” toggle key. (This is turned off by default)
3. After clicking the “Advanced E-Mail Settings” option, below configuration window is displayed:
In “Advanced E-Mail Settings” window, the user can enable following settings:
1.Specify the maximum number of charts.
2.Select Type of chart (line, bar, or area).
3.Duration of each graph (in minutes).
4. In “Criteria to select chart metrics” section, the user can select any one from the following options:
Note: First option is turned ‘ON’ by default.
Sample of Alert Mail Snapshot using “Use metrics on which alerts are generated” Option
Other Option in Chart Metrics Selection
Identify and show more relevant metrics where similar pattern is matched :
- Turn on this toggle key to apply the pattern match.
- Specify a catalogue, which contains the graphs information on which the user can apply the pattern match.
- To apply pattern match, the user needs one baseline to compare all the graphs available in catalogue.
- To get the baseline graph (for which alert is generated), the user needs some criteria and it should have the minimum or maximum value across all the Indices of one condition for which the alert is generated.
- Once the baseline is selected, the user can compare each sample of both the graphs (baseline as well as the catalogue graphs) and filter all the graphs, which satisfy the threshold value given in the action. After that, the user can send all the resultant graphs in mail body along with all the alert information.
Sample of Alert mail Snapshot using “Identify and show more relevant metrics where similar pattern is matched” option
Sample of various charts in e-mail
- Catalogue is a predefined collection of graphs.
- The user can also add graphs to the catalogue or can remove from there by using the “Graph to Filter” section.
- The user can edit an existing catalogue or can create a new catalogue by using the “Save as Catalogue” button.
5.Place all the metrics in separate charts:
- Turn on this toggle key to place all the metrics in separate charts. This is turned off by default, in which case all the metrics are merged together and displayed in a single chart.
- Click “Save” to save the advanced email settings.