View – Working With Left Menu (NetVision)
View menu is further categorized into following sub menu/menu items:
- Dashboard: This displays the current Dashboard.
- Search: This is used to search for any record throughout all the sessions. Suggestions are provided when a particular text is searched.
- Business Process: This is a flow of page navigations. A user can generate a funnel to see the user’s behavior on those pages. It is used to trace and analyze the processes/sub-processes, user issues, etc. The user can generate a funnel visualization based on some filters which are applied on Business Process.
Clicking the Dashboard option displays the Dashboard with various sections.
Layout of Dashboard
Web Dashboard consists of top pane, left pane, and bottom pane.
Top pane consists of following sections/specifications/action items:
|Current Date & Time||This is the current date and time of the system.|
|Alerts||This displays alerts (capacity and behavior) specification. It is categorized into critical, major, and minor.|
|Theme Selection||Using this icon, user can select the theme for web dashboard as well as product UI.|
|System Name||This icon shows the system name. for example, ‘NVDEMO’|
|Logged in User Name||This shows currently logged-in user name. On clicking the down-arrow, there is an option to logout or view Help.|
|Zoom In/Out||This icon is used to zoom in/out the screen size.|
|Toggle Menu Navigation Panel||Clicking this can enable/disable the menu navigation|
|Toggle Tree Navigation Panel||Clicking this can enable/disable the tree navigation|
|Toggle Lower Tabular Panel||Clicking this can enable/disable the lower tabular panel|
|Navigation Icons||This is used to navigate between pages of the web dashboard.|
|Monitor Up/Down Status||This is used to view the monitor up/down status|
|Elapsed Time||It is the amount of time that passes from the beginning of an event to its end.|
|Last Sample Time||This displays the last sample time of the graphs in mm/dd/yyyy hh:mm:ss format.|
|Favorite selection||This displays currently loaded favorite. User can change the favorite from the drop-down arrow.|
|Time Period||This displays the time range of graph data as configured by the user. User can also customize the time period.|
|View By||This displays resolution of the samples i.e. graphs aggregated by a specified interval. User can change the view by from the drop-down arrow.|
|Auto Fit Layout||Clicking this icon auto fits all the widgets on the page.|
|Enable Design Mode||Using this icon, a user can enable design mode|
|Advance Settings||There are following options within the Advanced Settings section|
|Start/Stop/Restart||This is used to start/stop/restart test. It is applicable in case test is currently running.|
|Monochromatic Colors||User can use different shades of one color for multiple graphs.|
|User can select layout, such as graph, data, tabular from here.|
|Add Widget||Use this icon to add widget on the graph panel.|
|Add New Layout||User can define the metrics (rows X columns) using this icon.|
|Save Layout||User can save the defined layout using this icon.|
This section is used to search for any record throughout all the sessions. Suggestions are provided when a particular text is searched.
Let’s take an example: While searching all the sessions accessed via Chrome browser, we have entered Chrome in the search box. System suggested various fields where this text can be searched.
User can add multiple search parameters in the same way (for example – Home).
The parameters which can be searched in the Smart search are:
- Operating System
- Application Pages
- Page URL
- Response time
- Status Code
Apart from smart search, user can perform following actions from this window:
- Replay a Session
- Open a Session
- Filter Sessions
- Apply Time Filter
- Reload Sessions
- Columns Selection
- View Event Details
Business process is a list of page navigations which is crucial for business point of view. User can generate a funnel to see the user’s behavior on those pages. It is used to trace and analyze the processes/sub-processes, user issues etc. User can generate a funnel visualization based on some filters which are applied on Business process.
Business Process Filters
To view the filters in Business Process, go to Business Process menu and click the Business Process Filter tab. Once the filters are configured, click the Done button to apply them and execute the query.
There are following filters in Business Process:
Business Process Name
There are following filters under this section:
- Channel: It is the channel from where the site is accessed, such as Dotcom, mobile, POSF, or all.
- User Segment: It is a group of users having some common behavior or attributes.
- Business Process Name: It is the name of the business process, such as checkout.
- Last Duration (in minutes): It generates a list of Business Processes based on a particular duration. User can specify the duration (in minutes). All the business processes that lie within that duration are generated. By default, it is 15 minutes.
- Specified Time: It generates a list of business processes based on specified date and time range. User can specify the time duration containing date range (in mm/dd/yy) and time range (in hh:mm:ss). All the business processes that lie within that duration are generated. By default, the date ranges from current date to current date and time ranges from (00:00:00) to (23:59:59)
Example: Funnel Visualization
Understanding Business Process Funnel
To understand the business process funnel, it is categorized into certain sections:
Section – 1
This section denotes how many users entered to the system (for example, 625991) via the defined business process. It also denotes how many of them (in percentage) followed the next level of the business process (for example, 19%) and how many of them (in percentage) did not follow the business process (for example, 81%). This is because they have navigated to some other pages and exited from the system.
Section – 2
This section displays the pages from where the user entered to the system (for example – Entrance, category, and others).
Section – 3
This section displays the segregation of the users (19 % or 120765) navigated to further pages (for example, AddToBag, ShoppingBag, CheckOutPayment).
Section – 4
This denotes from which page user exited from the system. It also denotes events occurred with various sections of the user navigation. Below is the list of events.
Section – 5
This section denotes the users forwarded to the next level of the business process along with the users joined from some other pages.
This process is followed at other business process levels in the similar manner. At the last level (for example, checkout payment), number of orders confirmed is displayed along with the funnel conversion rate.
End to End Application Performance Monitoring – RCA of Performance Issue (Event)
How to compare funnels
Business Process Comparison Filter
This feature is used to compare two funnels. For funnel comparison, click the Compare Funnel icon on the business process funnel window. The Funnel Comparison window is displayed.
There are two ways of funnel comparison. First one is time based and second one is segment based. In time based comparison, same business process is compared for different times. In segment based comparison, two different business processes of the same channel are compared for the same time.
Time Based Comparison
- Select the channel, business process, and user segment.
- Go to time filter and select the time for the first funnel and for the second funnel.
- Click the Compare button.
- The system displays two funnels for the same business process based on the time selection.
Segment Based Comparison
- Select the channel from the drop-down list.
- Select first business process and user segment.
- Select second business process and user segment.
- Select the time for which the comparison is to be done.
- Click the Compare button to execute the comparison.
Funnel Visualization – Quantify Revenue Opportunities
Using this feature, user can quantify the revenue opportunities. For this, user first needs to click the Edit button. Then, a navigation bar is activated that allows the user to increase/decrease the values in the bar. And accordingly, the projected values are getting changed that can quantify the revenue opportunities.
Below is as example of this feature. On increasing the bar, the projected values, such as conversion rate, completed users, and revenue are also increased with the same ratio and user can quantify the revenue opportunities.