Configuring Groups and Users (For Admin Only)
The administration of NetVision involves creation and management of groups and users along with the application of the changes performed via the config section.
Groups enable easy organization and management of individual users in NetVision. A Group, in essence, is a self-contained entity that can perform all of its work without affecting the work of another User Group. Each group has a Group Admin, responsible for creating and managing individual users within the group. The Group Admin can perform the same work as any regular user with an additional ability to manage users within its group as well.
Groups are designed to define permissions that an admin user wants to provide to a group of users. Admin user can add a new group and can define permissions for that group. An admin user can also delete an existing group.
- Group Type (Engineer or Observer)
- Description about group
- Add new group
- Delete existing group
Types of Group
- Engineers: These groups have all the permissions of read, write & execute.
- Observers: These groups have “view” permission only.
Creating a User Group
Group may be of Engineers or Observers. Engineer has all permissions and so can perform operation, such as read, write and execute. Observer only views the group and cannot perform other operations like an engineer user.
Admin user needs to follow the below mentioned steps for creating a user group
- Go to Admin menu and click the Groups menu item. The Group Administration window is displayed.
- Enter the Group Name, Group Type and Group Description and click the Add button. The group is created and added in the list.
|Group name must start with an Alphabet. Allowed characters are alphabet, numeric and special characters, underscore and dash. Group name should not be more than 24 characters|
Group description must start with an Alphabet. Allowed characters are alphabet, numeric, space and special characters, dash and underscore. Group description length must be lie between 1 to 128 characters.
Deleting a User Group
To delete a user group, select the user group and click the Delete button. A confirmation dialog box is displayed. Click OK to confirm the deletion.
|If the group contains users, first delete the users then only the group can be deleted.|
Once a Group is deleted it cannot be recovered.
Users are the individual members of a User Group. User can perform common tasks depending on the permission levels granted by the Admin. On having engineer group type, user can have all permissions. Otherwise user can only view the records and cannot perform other operations.
Admin user can add a new user or delete an existing user. All the information related to users is stored in a table. An admin user can edit some of the information (ex: email id) for any user. An admin user can also activate/inactivate an existing user.
- Information about existing users
- Add new user
- Delete existing user
- Edit information about any user
- Activate or Inactivate any user
Adding a User
Admin user needs to follow the below mentioned steps for adding a user in a group:
- Go to Admin menu and click the Users menu item. The User Administration window is displayed.
- Click the Add button, the User Detail window is displayed.
- Enter the following details:
- User Name
- Email Address
- Confirm Password
- Group Name
- Click the OK button, the user gets added to the list.
|User name must start with Alphabet. Allowed characters are alphabet, numeric and special characters, such as dash and underscore. User name should not be more than 24 characters.|
Password must start with Alphabet. Allowed characters are alphabet, numeric and special characters -_.+!. Password length up to 16 characters.
Editing User Properties
Admin user can edit user properties. There are two ways to edit user properties:
- Through Edit button
- Link on user name
Select the user that needs to be edited and click the Edit button. The Edit User window is displayed. Edit the user details and click OK.
|In Editing, password and confirm password are optional fields|
User name cannot be changed.
User is not able to update group name.
Password can be changed using New and Confirm password field.
Cannot edit more than one user at a time.
Deleting a User
Select the user that needs to be deleted and click the Delete button. A confirmation message is displayed. Click OK to confirm the deletion.
Activating a User
Select the inactive user that needs to be activated and click the Activate button. The user status changes to Active from Inactive.
|Admin user cannot Activate more than one users at a time|
If user is already active, then makes Active gives alert message “User is already Active”.
Inactivating a User
Select the active user that needs to be inactivated and click the Inactivate button. The user status changes to Inactive from Active.
|Admin user cannot Inactivate more than one users at a time. If user is already inactive, then makes Inactive gives an alert message “User is already Inactive”.|
This section is used to see the stats of users, such as list of active users, their username, and session duration along with the IP address.
Using this section, user can configure some NetVision settings and can apply the run time changes configured using the config menu.
The purpose of NV Global settings is to perform some global configuration on NetVision. These settings are related to pages and sessions that are taking much time. To open the NV Global Settings window, go to Config menu and click the NV Global Settings menu item.
Enter the following details and click Update:
- High Page Response: Those sessions whose pages fall beyond the value provided (in milliseconds) are treated as high page response and is displayed only.
- Long Session Duration: The sessions that fall beyond the value provided (in seconds) are treated as long sessions and are displayed only.
- Session Expiry Time: The session is treated as completed and dumped into the database after the time specified (in seconds). Such sessions can be retrieved using filters.
- Dos Attack Handling: The maximum number of pages allowed in a session can be configured from here. First, select the Enable check box and then specify the maximum number of pages.
Runtime Pending Changes
This section is used to apply any runtime configuration performed using the Config menu.
Here, a list of configuration is displayed related to the menu items of Config menu. To apply the changes, click the Apply Changes button.