A scenario specifies the mix of different users accessing web application and hence executing different test scripts. Users may be grouped in different groups and have different user characteristics.
- Scenario is the overall definition of a test.
- Scenario may have one or more groups.
- Each group consists of a number of virtual users executing a test script.
Key Settings in Scenario
There are following key features of Scenario:
- Schedule Settings: In this section, user can set up the scenarios and can perform following actions on them, such as adding a group, setup scenario schedule options, setup global schedule and setup various phases. The resultant scenario schedule is displayed in the form of a graph in Schedule graph Section.
- Global Settings: Global settings are those settings which can be set up and applied globally across all groups. These are not group specific.
- Group Based Settings: This section provides the settings which are Group based. User can add group based settings to their scenarios from here.
- Monitors Settings: This section is used to apply certain monitor based settings.
- Server Mapping: This section provides settings related to server. NetStorm maps the recorded host (name of the host where the script was recorded) to the actual host (which is being tested). This maps one recorded host to one or more actual servers and their locations.
- Real Browser User: In this section, user can perform Group based real browser settings, such as cache settings, Har settings, as well as Global setting, such as screen size, other browser based settings for real browser user.
- SMTP Settings: Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (SMTP) is an Internet standard for electronic mail transmission. User can perform SMTP settings in this section.
- Java Settings: This section provides settings related to execution of java type scripts, such as JVM memory size.
- NetDiagnostics Settings: This section provides settings related to NetDiagnostics. User can perform enable/disable setting of NetDiagnostics from here.
- Health Monitor Settings: In this section, user can set system health information, such as free memory or disk mode.