Dynamic Monitors are those monitors whose vectors are not configured in the settings of scenario file or monitor profile. Instead, vector names are queried from the monitor using Dynamic Vector interface.
Configuring Dynamic Monitors
User needs to follow the below mentioned steps to configure dynamic monitors:
- Create a monitor group or select an available monitor group. Click the Dynamic Monitors tab as shown below.
- Provide the following details:
- Tier Name: Tier name where monitor is running
- Server Name: Server Name or IP address of machine where monitor is running.
- GDF: Graph Data File (GDF) name of the Dynamic Monitor which is used.
- Monitor Name: Monitor name to identify the Dynamic Monitor. Monitor name must start with Alpha. Allowed characters are alpha, numeric and special characters underscore and dot.
- Program Name for Getting Data: Name of the program and argument of dynamic monitor like –i (for interval).
- Program Name for Getting Vector List: Name of the program and argument of dynamic monitor like –v (for vector).
- Click the Add button then Save button.
User monitors are similar to Customer Monitors as GDF file is needed to be used. But in User Monitors, data is generated by using C-APIs and computed that data by graph. User has to create GDF according to their needs.
Configuring User Monitors
User needs to follow the below mentioned steps to configure user monitors:
- Create a monitor group or select an available monitor group. Click the User Monitors tab as shown below:
- Select the GDF from the list.
- Click Add and then Save button.