Users are the individual members of a User Group. User can perform common tasks depending on the permission levels granted by the Admin.
With group type as ‘engineer’, user has all permission. Otherwise, user only views the records and cannot perform other operations.
This chapter describes the following tasks:
- Adding a User
- Editing User Properties
- Deleting a User
- Activating a User
- Deactivating a User
Adding a User
Admin user needs to follow the below mentioned steps for adding a user in a group:
- Login to NetStorm as an admin user and click the Users option under the Admin menu on the tool bar. The NetStorm – User Administration window is displayed with a list of users.
- Click the Add The NetStorm – Add User window is displayed.
- Enter user details, such as user name, email address, password, confirm password, role, and group name.
- Specify Project details, such as project name and subproject name. Click the Add button.
- To delete a project/subproject, select the checkbox then click Delete button in the user project table.
- Now, click the OK button. The user is added to the user’s list.
|User name must start with Alphabet. Allowed characters are alphabet, numeric and special characters dash and underscore. User name should not be more than 24 characters.|
Password must start with Alphabet. Allowed characters are alphabet, numeric and special characters -_.+!. Password length up to 16 characters.
Editing User Properties
Admin user needs to follow the below mentioned steps for editing a user in a group:
|There are two ways to open edit screen –|
Through Edit button
Link on user name
- Select the user that needs to be edited and click the Edit The NetStorm – Edit User window is displayed.
- In the Edit User screen, Admin user edit email address, password, role, project and sub-project details.
|In Editing, password and confirm password are optional field.|
User name cannot be changed.
User is not able to update group name.
Password can be changed using New and Confirm password field.
Cannot edit more than one user at a time.
Deleting a User
Admin user needs to follow the below mentioned steps for deleting a user in a group:
- Select the user that needs to be deleted and click the Delete button. A confirmation message is displayed as shown below:
- Click OK. This deletes the user home directory only. It does not delete Objects, Scenarios and Test Runs belongs to that user.
|If admin user selects more than one record, the system generates an alert message and not allows deleting more than one user at a time.|
To know about Scenarios, refer the NetStorm – Scenario section.
Activating a User
Admin user needs to follow the below mentioned steps for activating a user:
- Select the inactive user that needs to be activated and click the Activate button.
- The user status changes to Active from Inactive.
|Admin user cannot Activate more than one users at a time|
If user is already active, then makes Active gives alert message “User is already Active”.
Inactivating a User
Admin user needs to follow the below mentioned steps for inactivating a user:
- Select the active user that needs to be inactivated and click the Inactivate
- The user status changes to Inactive from Active.
|Admin user cannot Inactivate more than one users at a time|
If user is already inactive, then makes Inactive gives an alert message “User is already Inactive”.