The administration of NetStorm involves creation and management of users, groups, projects, servers and business roles. The Administrator’s role also involves configuration of system properties, creating database connectors, ensuring system security and monitoring system status.
It covers following administration categories:
- Group Administration
- User Administration
- Project Administration
- Server Administration
Groups are designed to define permissions that an admin user wants to provide to a group of users. Here, admin user can add a new group and can define permissions for that group. An admin user can also delete an existing group.
Key Features of Group Admin include:
- Group Type (Engineer or Observer)
- Description about group
- Add new group
- Delete existing group
There are two types of group:
- Engineers: These groups have all the permissions of read, write & execute.
- Observers: These groups have “view” permission only.
It contains information about users. Here, admin user can add a new user or delete an existing user. All the information related to users is stored here. An admin user can edit some of the information (For example, email id) for any user. An admin user can also activate/inactivate an existing user.
Key Features of User Admin include:
- Information about existing users
- Add new user
- Delete existing user
- Edit information about any user
- Activate or Inactivate any user
Project administration is used for managing Project and subproject, users are categorized accordingly. It involves overall administration of projects.
Key Features of Project Admin include:
- Add a new project
- Delete an empty project
- Delete a project forcefully that contains scenarios & scripts
- Rename a project and its subproject
Server administration is for managing servers. It involves overall administration of servers.
Key Features of Server Admin include:
- Add a new server
- Delete an existing server
- Update features of any server
- Upgrade CMon
- Start CMon
- Restart CMon
- Stop CMon
- Show CMon
- CMon Version
- Show Running Monitors
- Run any command on server
- CavMon Stats
- Upload File