Custom Query Management
There are following sections within custom query management:
- Group By and Order By
- User needs to provide query name and description of the query.
- User needs to provide report type of the query according to requirements.
Group By and Order By
- On selecting Group By check box, user can group any query by flowpath signature, tier, server, app, etc. by selecting from drop down menu.
- On selecting Order By checkbox, user can order by any query by selecting the options displayed in drop down menu.
There are two terms:
- Filter based on Tier, Server, App etc.
- User can provide start time and end time of the query.
- It provides the data of the specified duration.
- User can also provide response time according to requirement.
Filter based on
- In “Filter based on” there are many options.
Tier, Server, App
Min Method Count in Flowpaths
- It provides minimum number of method counts in flowpath.
- Suppose if user specifies 3 in “Min Method Count in Flowpaths” then system provides number of method counts equal to 3 or greater than 3.
Min Exception Count in Flowpaths
- It provides minimum number of exception counts in flowpath.
- Suppose if user specifies 5 in “Min Exception Count in Flowpaths” then system provides Flowpath report in which number of exception counts is equal to 5 or greater than 5.
Business Transaction Category
- It provides data according to the report type of the query.
- Suppose if user selects “FlowPath” in report type and “Normal” in business transaction category then system provides data in flowpath according to normal category.
- System provides data of exceptions according to the selected exception class.
- It provides data for exceptions according to the selected throwing class.
- It provides exception data according to the selected throwing method.
- It provides cause of the selected exception class.
Stack Trace (Containing)
- User can enter part of stack trace to filter.
- System provides flowpath report which has selected exception message data.
- It provides data regarding selected headers.
Actions on Custom Query
User can perform following operations on custom query.
- To save a query, click the Save button. The query is displayed in Drill down reports after saving it.
- User can run the query without saving it by clicking the Run button.
Save and Run
- To run a query along with saving it, click the Save and Run button.
- To close the Custom query management window, click the Cancel button.
To perform visual analysis of testing and production monitoring data, user can use the Web dashboard feature of NetDiagnostics.