NetCloud product is for doing load testing from the cloud. It has a controller/generator setup. Performance tests can be executed from various load generators in the cloud.
- One controller is used to manage several load generators.
- In this setup, one or more controllers can be used but they will not share same load generators at the same time.
- Controller can also work as a load generator and vice-versa.
Advantages of NetCloud
- Effective unlimited storage
- Quick availability of the infrastructure with scalability
- Reduction in execution time of testing of large applications
- Easy Managing Geographical Distribution of Users
- High Quality Service Delivery
Concept of Controller and Generator
- Controller is used to manage several load generators
- Controller can be in the cloud (External) or in the customer test environment (Internal)
- After test is over, we move TR to controller from generator
- Controller can also work as load generator and vice-versa
- One or more load generators can be used
- Load generator can be in the cloud (External) or in the customer test environment (Internal)
- Generator is only for running test
Steps for NetCloud Test
- Develop User Scenarios: Simulate real world Web users by using cloud testing services
- Design Test cases: It includes the cases to be executed
- Select cloud service provider: Provided by cloud platform vendors such as Amazon.com, Google, Rackspace, Microsoft, etc. to generate web traffic that originates from around the world
- Setup Infrastructure: Set all the hardware/software configurations to run the NetCloud test
- Leverage Cloud servers: Take the servers on lease
- Start Testing: Testing is started
- Monitor the testing goals: Through real-time dashboards for a complete analysis of how the applications and the internet will perform during peak volumes.
- Deliver results: Results are delivered
- The load generators are configured in a file having fields GeneratorName, IP, CavMonAgentPort, Location, Work, Type.
- NetCloud supports C type script.
- When a NetCloud test is run then Scenario, Script without dump and temp & Data files are copied from controller to generator.
- Monitor Profiles are applied at controller only.
- Merging feature in NetCloud is required to do monitoring from single dashboard GUI & Report generations etc.
- Users are distributed across generators in Round Robin fashion.
- NetCloud Compare report uses field “Time option” as Total Run, Specified Time, By phase to perform comparison of different generators data.
- NetCloud Supports Drill down Report where we make all generator’s .csv files available to controller.