A network interface is a software or hardware interface between two pieces of equipment or protocol layers in a computer network. A network interface will usually have some form of network address.
To access the Network Interface window, follow the below mentioned steps:
- Go to Configuration > Network Interface.
2. This displays the Network Interface window. Here, the user can perform configurations regarding Network interface.
Interface Name: Network interface names are based on whether the interface is a physical or virtual network interface. Physical interfaces are assigned names based on the slot number of the adapter. Interface group names are user specified. VLANs are named by combining the interface name and VLAN ID
Interface IP: It’s just a network address that belongs to an interface.
Interface Netbits: Bits of IP address, which are used for representing the network interface.
The user can perform the following actions:
- Add Interface configurations by clicking the button.
- Edit Interface configurations by clicking the button.
- Delete Interface configurations by clicking the button.
- Save Interface configurations by clicking the button.
- Reset the window to default values by clicking the button.