Installing Cavisson CavBin
Cavisson CavBin is a platform for setting the environment for various cavisson products, such as NetStorm (NS), NetDiagnostics (ND), and NetOcean (NO).
Follow these steps to install NetStorm software on NetStorm server:
- Open a terminal window (using left mouse button). Ensure that the user is working as root.
- Create following directory: mkdir /root/cavisson_libs.
- Copy Cavisson Software (CavBin file) in /root/cavisson_libs directory as provided.
- Run the command cd /root/cavisson_libs.
- Make the CavBin permission executable. chmod +x Cav184.108.40.206.Ubuntu1604_64.bin.
- Execute the 3.0.38.Ubuntu1604_64.bin in /root/cavisson_libs location by the command: ./ Cav220.127.116.11.Ubuntu1604_64.bin.
- After executing the CavBin, enter ‘1’ for fresh NS installation.
Initialising kernel version …
min 1204 max 1604
Starting NetStorm Installation. Start Date: 04/24/20, Time: 04:18:05
1 for Installation, 2 for Upgrade Packages
- For DNS configuration, enter appropriate value (y /n).
Configuring DNS server
To configure DNS server name, enter y else n: n
- Press ‘y’ for kernel related packages installation. Press ‘n’ to skip its installation.
- For installation on Ubuntu ver. 16.04.02, kernel related packages installation is required.
- For installation on Ubuntu ver. 16.04.06, kernel related packages installation is NOT required.
- Press ‘n’ to skip the ldap related packages installation. (Not Required)
- Enter system configurations.
Enter System Configuration
Enter 1 for NetStorm and 2 for NetOcean and 3 for NetVision and 4 for NetStorm + NetOcean and 5 for NetCloud and 6 for NetDiagnostics: 6
Enter the NetDiagnostics Admin Interface: [As provided by the vendor]
Enter the NetDiagnostics Admin IP (Enter in IP/Netbits format): [As provided by the vendor]
Enter the NetDiagnostics Admin Gateway to reach NetOcean Admin IP (Enter -, if none): –
Enter the NetDiagnostics Load Interface(s), if multiple enter as eth1|eth2 : [Use admin interface]
Note: This completes the CavBin Installation.
- Reboot the system by command ‘reboot’ for successful installation.
Note: Reboot the system irrespective the installation of kernel packages.
- Run the command bash –l so that changes can be reflected to support NS successfully.
- Select ‘1’ for work.
- Check the release by command nsu_get_version. Below is just an example, this displays the details of the latest version:
- Check the CavBin release by command nsu_get_version -C.
15. Check the Postgres status by command /etc/init.d/postgress status.
16. Check the tomcat running status by command ps -ef | grep tomcat.
- Check the product UI, if product type is NetStorm, the NetStorm Login page is displayed.